Property Owners Association, Inc.
MKPOA, P.O. Box 1307
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Telephone: 310 454-7678
Many residents have approached MKPOA to re-institute the dedicated private patrol that was once the mainstay of Marquez Knolls home security. We listened. After interviewing five local patrol companies, a team of MKPOA Board members and residents selected ACS Security Services, Inc. as the preferred service provider.
ACS serves six voluntary Homeowners Associations similar to ours in Bel Air and West Los Angeles. Each has provided us with excellent references on ACS services, patrol officers, and its management team. ACS is owned and operated locally with its headquarters and call center located at 100 Bel Air Road.
The dedicated patrol serves the entire Marquez Knolls community of 1250 homes 24 hrs, 7 days a week, and the cost is shared by the subscribers. MKPOA is not a party to such contracts and subscription is voluntary. As the number of subscribers increases, the monthly cost may be reduced or additional services may be implemented. Please consider it a community service to join the dedicated patrol.
Voluntary subscription is $40 per month, per household.
You can reach ACS at 310 475-9016.
ACS began to patrol Marquez Knolls on July 1, 2009
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
LAPD welcomes the addition of ACS as our neighborhood patrol.
West LA Captain Nathan calls it a “force multiplier.”
MKPOA encourages every resident in Marquez Knolls to participate and to join this service. ACS patrols the entire neighborhood and serves as our eyes and ears. It becomes a deterrent to the opportunistic property crimes that continue to plague our neighborhood. While officers do patrol the public streets, they can only enter the properties of subscribers in case of an emergency or concern. MKPOA has negotiated a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which includes patrol pricing per household and available alarm services. A summary of the services is listed below.
ACS will contract with each household directly and collect the fees from each subscriber. MKPOA is not a party to such contracts and subscription is voluntary. ACS has agreed to provide the following as part of the patrol services:
1. The driver will respond to calls from subscribers in case of emergency or concern and will inspect the residence and premises if so authorized by the subscriber. ACS will call the proper authorities in case of emergency or criminal activities in the area.
2. ACS will provide vacation check and patrol car escort services to subscribers if requested to do so by the subscriber.
3. ACS will assist in minor medical emergencies such as helping to lift a patient into a wheel chair or out of a bathtub.
4. ACS will assist in traffic control as necessary. Assistance with Marquez Elementary school traffic will be developed and jointly agreed upon by MKPOA and ACS Security.
5. The drivers will be First Aid and CPR trained.
In addition to the dedicated patrol service an optional alarm monitoring service is available from ACS. The standard ACS alarm monitoring cost is $35.00 per month, excluding extended service agreements. However, ACS has agreed to honor the monthly fee charged by the foreign alarm company, should it be lower, and guarantees the price for three years. ACS has agreed during the first 120 days of the dedicated patrol service to MKPOA members to provide the following:
1. Installation of a new alarm system will be free of charge to MKPOA members. We will offer a basic system to MKPOA members with a monitoring agreement at $35 a month (With an alarm system, MKPOA members will save approximately. 20% on homeowners insurance and may receive a 20% discount on any additional equipment added to their existing alarm system).
2. For incompatible alarm systems (Westec), ACS will upgrade the alarm system at no cost.
3. A 20% discount for additional alarm system features will be extended to MKPOA members.